Where to populate Version Control entry

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Aug 17 08:39:26 UTC 2008

On 17.08.08 01:57:52, Aleix wrote:
> First of all I'd like to say that I think this is very needed if we want to
> bring some central support for vcs.
>
> I think that the proper way to implement it would be creating a plugin such
> as the Project Manager that added the context menu entries querying the vcs
> plugins (using the project management plugin hooks or adding new ones if
> necessary).

Well, I've thought about the option but always discarded it as "not
really the right place". One problem we'd have with this (apart from
finding a good name) is that other VCS plugins are still able to pollute
the "Version Control" group, because the identifier is public.

Another option I've thought of is to do this in the projectmanager view,
but then we'd need to duplicate this stuff for the text editor and all
other toolviews. Thats not going to happen either.

I guess there's really no way to prevent pollution of the context menu
if somebody has "evil plans". So I'm tempted to go with the plugin-idea,
instead of creating a new signal and using that in the vcs lib.

A few hours grace before the madness begins again.