KDevPlatform compile failure on Mac

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Aug 14 19:40:50 UTC 2008

On 14.08.08 14:19:59, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Am up to date as of revision 846818 and am getting a ton of errors
> like so:
>
> /Users/Matt/Projects/KDevelop/Source/trunk/kdevplatform/language/
> duchain/ducontextdata.h: In member function ‘KDevelop::Declaration*
> KDevelop
> ::DUContextDynamicData::VisibleDeclarationIterator::operator*() const’:
> /Users/Matt/Projects/KDevelop/Source/trunk/kdevplatform/language/
> duchain/ducontext.h:721: error: ‘const KDevelop::DUContextData*
> KDevelop::DUContext::d_func() const’ is private
>
> This is on Mac OS X Leopard with gcc-4.0.1. Anybody else seeing this,
> or is it just me?

Builds fine for me on linux with gcc 4.3. But I actually don't
understand why it does so. d_func() is indeed private and even though
DUContext has a couple of friend declarations VisibleDeclarationIterator
or its enclosing class DUContextDynamicData is not among them.

Any C++ expert here who can tell me wether I should file a bugreport
against gcc or Matt needs to do against his compiler?

Beware of Bigfoot!