UI-less kdevplatform

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Sun Aug 10 15:32:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 10.08.08 01:44:34, Aleix wrote:
> Uhm, didn't we just agree that it would be sufficient to just not create
> the mainwindow and at try to not load any projects that are not using
> defaultMainWindow()?
I still think we need to use the same controller but do not try to
have "ui/uiless" state distinction, even in the plugins. After all,
the plugin usually has UI functionality called from either toolviews
or menu items or config pages. And if we don't create a window,
there's a 99% chance that plugin will never try to do something
ui-wise. So it should be safe to assume that it's ok to load all
plugins.

> So the part about creating Core without ui is ok from me, but the new
> controller still seems to be a bit too much as we can easily do it with
> the existing controller.
I second that.