UI-less kdevplatform

Aleix aleixpol at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 02:18:56 UTC 2008

Hi list!
As some of you know, these days I've been working on an application
using kdevplatform (more precisely the duchain).

As you might imagine, I don't need a UI application for that, so I've
been playing with the shell to be able to instanciate it without
relying on the graphics.

Here I send a patch that makes it possible. These are the major changes:
- Core::initialize takes an (optional) parameter that tells the core
if it is initializing an application with/without UI. I could have
added another ::initializeNoUi method, but I didn't want to copy much
code.

- There is a Core::hasUI() method that queries if he has the Ui
capability and depending on if he has, the IUIController will be
either a fullfeatured UIController or a UiLessController which just
returns false or 0 in all his methods.

- The actions are only initialized if there is UI.

- This is not very related but needed too, a method to the
ProjectController to add a custom project in the IDE. I used it to
instantiate a Project with a custom projectmanager without the need of
a Plugin and so (even if it is an IPlugin).

I hope you find it useful.

Thanks,
Aleix