New Policy: Build kdewebdev

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 27 19:39:22 UTC 2008

On 21.04.08 10:54:22, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a new policy: Build kdewebdev (or at least quanta)
> after changing API in kdevplatform (i.e. any changes outside of
> plugins/) and if needed port quanta before comitting your changes.
>
> Reasoning: If we don't do that, we risk motivation of Quanta dev's,
> which is bad. Also this seems to work quite well for kdelibs, people
> work on larger changes to API in a branch and port at least all of
> trunk/
>
> Any objections?

Ok, no objections and a few people that want to have it. IMHO that means
this policy is now in effect. Anybody changing API in kdevplatform needs
to build kdevelop and kdewebdev/quanta from now on (and apparently fix
all breakages that happened due to his changeS).

I'll make sure to fix the latest breakage in kdewebdev due to Vladimirs
commits, then post the new policy on irc and the wiki.

You will soon meet a person who will play an important role in your life.