Changes to build with CMake 2.6

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 09:23:32 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 10:26:19 Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> This problem shows up if kdelibs is built with cmake 2.4, but other
> modules are getting built with cmake 2.6. I've posted that quite some
> time ago already on the buildsystem list and AFAIK the conclusion was
> that its not supported to do that.

Hmm, I talked to a Debian-kde guy yesterday and he said the problem ist that
cmake did some implicit linking which many devs got used to.
However he also said that kde 4.0.68 depends on cmake 2.6, so I guess it is
built with 2.6. Here i have 2.6-patch 0 RC-8.
The concusion of the debian packagers is that they start sending patches
upstream to link to every needed library explicitly.

My setup here is a packages-based KDE installation from the Debian
experimental archive and some apps that are compiled from source.

On Sunday 27 April 2008 09:43:08 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Where did it get the symbols from before ?

I do not know, actually. I am just running cmakekde. :)

> Can you post the old and the new link command ?

What do you mean? There's the target_link_libraries() thing in the
CMakeList.txt file. But since this is already in the diff file, I guess you
mean something different. :)

cheers