branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop/lib/astyle

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas webmaster at kdevelop.org
Fri Sep 21 08:45:07 UTC 2007

On Friday 21 September 2007 03:11:11 Matt Rogers wrote:
> > @KDevelop developers: Should we ask the release-team about removing
> > branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop? Also that would make sure the next KDE
> > release won't release kdevelop from branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop...
I vote for merging the changes back to KDE/3.5 branch.
The "excuse" the KDE team had for the freeze, was the i18n string freeze.
Well, we solved that one, KDevelop/3.5 is translated now, so basically:
"There are no new strings!"

If we merge it back, it will make releasing it a lot easier, and we can choose
whatever version we wont, 3.4.2 or 3.5.0 for it.

> We need to just let the 3.x version of KDevelop die already.
KDevelop 4.0 is not ready, KDevelop 3.x works but has bugs.
I'm all in favor of fixing some of them, otherwise people might start thinking
that KDevelop is buggy and start moving to other IDEs.

> Why do we continue to divide our
> resources, thus keeping KDevelop 4.0 from actually being finished
> anytime soon?
KDevelop 4.0 will take a while, let's give our userbase something they can use
until then.

Regards,

--
Amilcar Lucas