[VCS] diff on dirs?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 9 15:32:39 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Possible solutions:
>
> a) Always use QString, this is a breakup with other parts of the
> platform API which use KUrl
> b) A new Location type that has operator < or a qHash function and
> allows to retrieve either a string or a url and also knows how it was
> constructed (i.e. wether it is a repo or local location)
> c) Only use QString in VcsDiff and store the information wether thats
> repo location or local locations in the VcsDiff object as well
>
> Personally I'd prefer b) I think, with changing all QVariant's to
> Location in the API's but leaving KUrl/QString API's as they are now.

b) sounds nice, you could make Location have 'isLocal', 'localPath',
'remotePath' and such if that seems useful.

> Oh and of course the name of the Location type is subject to discussion
> as well, if somebody has a better idea...

"VcsLocation"? Or are we not using "Vcs" in class names these days? (Or
is it namespaced? If it's going to be namespaced, "Location" seems fine.)

--
Matthew
morphir: so much confusion :S kmake, kdemake, qmake make cmake etc.