[VCS] diff on dirs?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 8 21:49:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just noticed a flaw in our diff() interfaces: It seems that while we
don't explicitly forbid it its impossible to use them to create a
recursive diff(). So the user of the interfaces has a relatively hard
time to get a diff for a whole directory or even working copy as he has
to iterate the whole tree.

I don't think thats reasonable to request from the interface users, so
I think we need some extensions there - or don't we? Currently VcsDiff
has a left and right hand side, each providing a QString and a unified
diff.

The diff is able to carry recursive information, but we don't have a way
to produce enough information for "left" and "right" side of the diff.

On a quick thought: QMap<QVariant,QString> for those, mapping file
locations (either local or remote) into content strings might be enough.
(and QByteArray versions for the binary)
Any other ideas?

Don't Worry, Be Happy.
		-- Meher Baba