Moving KDevelop4 from trunk/KDE/ to trunk/extragear/sdk

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Mon Oct 1 11:55:32 UTC 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007 14:25, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> The only downside: I and probably the rest of you as well, have no idea
> how translations are handled in that case...

I think that moving kdevelop4 to extragear reduces KDevelop visibility for
users and lowers KDevelop's status inside KDE project (no that it's too high
now ;) ). I can't see any technical reason to not move, in fact it would be
more convenient for us. But I'm not sure that our convenience is worth
loosing status of "official KDE project".

> PS: KDevPlatform would stay inside KDE/trunk as its used by quanta in
> kdewebdev...

Ok, and how that would help us. We still won't be able to release the platform
as frequently as we want and we still won't be able to break KDE freezes for
it. And platform is not just a collection of stable interfaces, it's
basically our application (shell) and several major plugins. So IMHO we'd
need to move all kdevplatform + kdevelop + kdewebdev altogether from
trunk/kde.

PS: these all release problems are not KDevelop problems but i18n
infrastructure problems so instead of moving our source I think we should
rather focus on i18n infrastructure.