Run interface

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Mon Nov 26 09:28:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 05:03:18 pm Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Monday 26 November 2007 03:20:31 Hamish Rodda wrote:

> > > It's hard to comment on files that have no comments ;-) In fact,
> > > it would be establish a policy that all core interfaces should be
> > > fully documented.
> >
> > That is of course planned, but I thought most of it was self-documenting
> > anyway.
> >
> > > What I had in mind is that we should have a collection of 'launches'.
> > > Each launch is associated with
> > >    - A class that performs the actual launch
> >
> > == IRunController
> >
> > >    - A generic store (independent of launch type) to keep launch
> > > properties
> >
> > == IRun
>
> It does not seem 100% generic to me:
>
> - It does not allow to specify random (name, value) pairs

I was thinking of subclassing to add instrumentor-specific config, but we
could do key/value pairs instead.

> - It hardcodes 'arguments' and 'environment' thing, which don't apply to
> some launch types.

So, just ignore them... but when are they not relevant?

> > >    - A set of UI pages to edit the launch, for example, a page to
> > >    edit native run properties (executable, options, environments)
> >
> > == the config dialog I'm working on now
> >
> > >    , or a
> > >    page to configure which remote GDB target to use.
> >
> > Needs to be supplied by the gdb plugin.
>
> Probably I should just shut up and write some code to illustrate my
> approach :-)

Sure.  I'm starting to make progress with the debugger port to kdev4, but I'm
having to slash & burn (well, at least comment out) a bit because some of the
api is simply not in existance any more.  (Thus why I wrote this run api)

Cheers,
Hamish.