[VCS] annotation widget

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Nov 17 20:49:31 UTC 2007

On 17.11.07 21:36:35, David Nolden wrote:
> On Saturday 17 November 2007 21:29:23 Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > For now, you can have custom background colors using the abstract
> > highlighting interface, and show the author names in a separate dock widget
> > with the corresponding color.
> >
> > I've wanted to design a custom widget display api for KTE but not yet
> > figured out the best way to do it, maybe for 4.1.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Hamish.
>
> What about using highlighting + a tooltip for now?

Does that work "on top" of existing highlighting? Then I guess this is
fine for now (though I already have a custom dialog setup anyway and
plan to beautify it a bit, for cases where the KTE impl. doesn't provide
the needed interfaces).

Any hints as to which interface provides the tooltip? I can't see
anything in the KTE api dox, that would allow to set a tooltip for each
line.

I don't like the toolview for author+revision+date info, its a waste of
space, IMHO.

So you're back... about time...