Static access to ICore

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Fri Nov 16 18:17:39 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007 14:23:42 Kris Wong wrote:

> class Icore
> {
>    ICore() {
>       instance = this;
>    }
>    ~ICore() {
>       instance = 0;
>    }
>    ICore* self() {
>       return instance;
>    }
>    static ICore* instance;
> }

While I realize that I know next to nothing about the KDevelop project, that
code looks excessively dangerous  to me. At the very least, I would add a
check in ICore() constructor that instance is null, and likewith in the
destructor (that instance != 0). I would further suggest that ICore
constructor/destructor is private but friends with the few classes that
actually need it.

Feel free to ignore me if I am blabbering :)

--
regards, Esben

believed to be clean.