changing #include for kdevplatform libs

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 16 14:53:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I recall we had a similar discussion some time ago, but I can't find it
and I don't remember the results.

David asked me yesterday why we don't use #include "foo.h" in bar.h when
foo and bar belong to the same library. And after some fighting back and
forth I agreed with him that it does make sense.

However, as I don't know all the side-effects that might happen
I'm asking those of you who do know. The benefit of using "" for
includes that are in the same library is that one can add
KDEVPLATFORM_INCLUDE_DIR to the include_directories() and then use

#include <project/foo.h>

in the plugin. So its a bit more verbose on where a specific header
comes from and also a bit easier to add new libraries to a plugin.

If nobody objects this change I will change all in-library-includes in
kdevplatform to the form #include "foo.h" next weekend (24th/25th)

You too can wear a nose mitten.