[RFC] KDev4 Ui

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Thu Nov 15 14:22:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 06:23:33 am Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007 19.46.57 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > a) maximize the toolview via shortcut or simple mouse action
>
> Pleease! :) Instant developer-hero. This is Eclipse's killer feature! ;)

Super-Ideal developer to the rescue!  I made it remember maximize status on a
per-toolview basis, I'm assuming this is what you would expect?  I guess now
we just need some tool views which are capable of using the space.  Perhaps a
documentation tab, when you want to read in depth, you just maximize it?

Ok, I've finally got to a state where the ideal mode has almost no known bugs
to my knowledge (other than one when the top dock is shown at all, and a few
redrawing issues).  Please bash on it & let me know what you think.

Still on the feature todo:
- next/previous toolview actions
- drag & drop support
- multiple tool views per dock area
- whatever you request that is sensible ;)

Oh, and my stance on the document switching: make it obsolete by making the
code navigation support the best you've ever seen, such as moving over a
function, typing a shortcut and getting whisked away to the implementation of
that function ;)  That plus quickopen.

Cheers,
Hamish.