[RFC] KDev4 Ui

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 13:46:39 UTC 2007

On 14.11.07 23:17:46, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:59:54 pm Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > No, actually, I think they both need to stay. But just those two. No
> > > more UI modes please.
> >
> > That means double the work, for IMHO no gain. I mean if we can provide
> > drag'n'drop and multiple toolviews on the same border visible at the
> > same time, then we already have dockwidgets. But its dockwidgets that
> > auto-collapse, where the buttons take less space and scale better (the
> > tab texts in qt dockwidgets are just cut and the ellipsis added).
>
> You probably already know this, but the first commit I added support for
> on-the-fly switching, so it's no stress having two (other than it's more work
> to maintain).

I meant "double the work" in terms of providing dockwidget features for
ideal and ideal features for dockwidgets. If one has all features and
the other one only a subset of those features I can't see a reason to
keep the one with fewer features.

Celebrate Hannibal Day this year.  Take an elephant to lunch.