KDevelop 4 - current showstoppers

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Nov 13 17:43:32 UTC 2007

On 14.11.07 04:14:09, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:56:09 pm Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > 2) Projects
> > * Build selected project - no feedback when no project is selected
>
> Fixed, but the outputview doesn't come to the front when you build.

AFAIK the reason is simply that Sublime doesn't provide a hook for that.
If that has changed meanwhile this shouldn't be too hard...

> > 3) Configuration
> > * Shouldn't configure project be in the project menu?
> > * Where did all of the options go?  I know at one point we had a config
> > dialog for the c++ background parser
>
> Reinstated.

Sorry, for not taking a closer look which of those might still be needed
when I removed them :(

> > * Configuration of tool views is not saved.  KMainWindow can do this for us
> > if we set unique object names on each tool view, and then call
> > applyMainWindowSettings and setAutoSaveSettings.  However we need all
> > toolviews loaded at that time, so we will probably need custom code for
> > non-global tool views.
>
> Still TODO for Ideal, and for Qt Dockwidget (harder)

How much harder? compared to getting ideal to have drag+drop support and
letting the user choose the toolview that fills the corner...

IMHO we don't need both, we just need one of the two with all features
implemented. And from my POV what the dockwidgets have that our ideal
mode doesn't have (yet) is drag'n'drop for the toolviews and somehow
defining which toolview gets the corner-space. Ideally the latter could
be done "on-the-fly", but a plain config option that needs a restart
would be sufficient as well.

> ... a pretty good scorecard!

Yeap, you're doing an amazing job.

Someone whom you reject today, will reject you tomorrow.