KDevelop: cmake parser performance

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Tue Nov 6 15:05:29 UTC 2007

Hi Aleix,

I've done some basic profiling of the cmake parser's performance using
callgrind/kcachegrind, and I've found that much of the time is spent in
regular expression matching.

I haven't looked much into how the cmake support works, but is it
theoretically possible to reduce the dependency on regular expressions?  It
could potentially significantly speed things up (my modern pc takes a few
seconds to parse the kdevelop project's cmake files)

Cheers,
Hamish.