Making Access to project configuration threadsafe

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Thu May 31 21:53:06 UTC 2007

> I've sent a mail to kde-devel seeking for help. I do think we want
> to stay in the bounds of KConfig as that eases the retrieval of
> values (think escaping nowadays, getting KUrl's and other types).

We would still be in the bounds of KConfig.  Rather than taking
advantage of KConfigGroup, though, we would directly access the entry
list for the group (which is what KConfigGroup does anyway).  There's
also the locking mechanisms David and I had discussed if we would like
to go that route.

Kris Wong