KDE/kdevelop/lib/plugins/vcs/interfaces

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 29 16:58:13 UTC 2007

On 29.05.07 12:42:56, dukju ahn wrote:

> > Right. Btw, whatever happened to wait()? Should we have exec(), wait()
> > or both? (Note: exec() == start()+wait() if we have wait().)
>
> exec() blocks when it start job. So I don't think we need wait().
> Also exec() exists in KJob and what it does it start() + wait(). Considering
> that CVSJob and SvnJob already subclasses KJob, I think wait() is not needed.

I agree with dukju here. Actually I wanted to add wait() and looked at
what methods KJob provides and saw exec() so I went for this. Reason is
simply that a user of our API doesn't need two calls to execute
synchronously. The only downside of this is if a user wants to start and
later on decides to wait() for the end. But I'd say we can wait until
there's a use-case for that and then provide wait() if needed.

If you learn one useless thing every day, in a single year you'll learn
365 useless things.