KDE/kdevelop/lib/plugins/vcs/interfaces

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 29 16:32:39 UTC 2007

(I tried to reply to your commit log but don't see the message yet...
might be moderated or blocked because I sent from a different address.
So apologies if it shows up later and duplicates this :-).)

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 27.05.07 21:04:33, Matt Rogers wrote:
>> On Sunday 27 May 2007 20:53, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> SVN commit 668891 by apaku:
>>>
>>> add exec() which runs the job in a synchronous way
>>>
>> Why? Under what circumstances would we need the synchronous way of doing
>> things?
>
> For simple scripts for example, those don't have signal/slot stuff set
> up necessarily.

Right. Btw, whatever happened to wait()? Should we have exec(), wait()
or both? (Note: exec() == start()+wait() if we have wait().)

To answer Matt: scripts generally run sequentially, it is I think much
easier to write a script that way than to all the time tie the
finished() signal to starting the next step of the script.

--
Matthew
"A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in."