Moving code into the kdevplatform module

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 24 21:39:28 UTC 2007

On 24.05.07 16:15:58, Matt Rogers wrote:
> This thread is to start the discussion of how to move the stuff in the
> platform (mostly the lib directory) out of kdevelop and into the platform
> module.
>
> Right now, the main option seems to be to just wholesale move kdevelop/lib
> into kdevplatform. Although it works, I dislike this approach. Instead, I
> suggest the following:

Agreed, especially as there are things in lib/ that shouldn't be moved
into the platform at all - IMHO.

> Create two subdirectories under kdevplatform:
>  - src
>  - plugins
>
> The src directory will contain the contents of the current lib directory minus
> the plugins subdirectory.
>
> The plugins directory will contain the contents of the current lib/plugins
> directory.

Well, in general I agree, however I think the outputview and vcs
interfaces should be moved to src. Also I think we shouldn't move the
.cpp/.h files that are directly in lib/ and lib/util should also stay in
kdevelop. Both are things that currently are not used and quite some
parts of them probably won't be used anymore in KDev4 (for example the
model stuff in util, which is more-or-less what QStandardItemModel
provides nowadays).

Last but not least: kdevexport.h should be split up and the files moved
to their respective subdirs (i.e. project, shell, ...).

Oh, and I volunteer to do that unless you want to do it yourself to make
sure its done right ;) (my main rationale is just getting some
experience with such huge moves in svn  :)

You have literary talent that you should take pains to develop.