REMINDER: Final review of VCS interfaces

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 22 22:11:56 UTC 2007

Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 May 2007 11:19, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> The VCS interfaces are looking good, and we would like to start moving
>> over to them next week (5/28). If you have not already, please review
>> them and comment if you see any problems, things that look wrong, things
>> you don't understand, things that might not work with your favorite VCS,
>> etc.
>
> Be aware that the VCS interfaces will be under continual review, developer
> time allowing, just like the rest of the KDevelop code is, until we have a
> feature freeze for KDevelop 4.0. At that time, we will freeze the entire
> platform API, and only then will changes to the API and the interfaces not be
> allowed.

Of course, but we want to start using them, and at that point, the fewer
changes we have to make, the fewer headaches will be experienced all
around. It's the same principle as freezing kdelibs before the rest of
kde; 'we need to get out of "tinker" mode so developers can use a stable
API instead of chasing a moving target' :-).

I don't think we ever said the interfaces would be frozen solid :-).

--
Matthew
"Nobody expects the traditional Bourne shell!"