compiler error parsing in kdevelop

Mon May 21 16:29:09 UTC 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007 9:43:34 pm Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Sort of OT but im curious... How good is the support for error parsing?
> > Can a user easily extend it?
>
> Not without changing the source and have a goood idea about regexps.

Hmmm...

> > I am looking forward to using kdevelop with compilers other than gcc but
> > i am not sure how well the error parser in the output view will accept
> > it?
>
> We already try to support compilers besides gcc, see for example recent
> fixes to support Sun's compiler.

OK. I'll take a look. My interest in this case is for embedded systems. Most
commercial compilers that i look forward to come with their own IDE's but i
would be glad if we would not have to support many IDE's. But now that i
think about it... debugging would anyway need those IDE's...
--
Cheers!
kitts