Debug application

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 18 19:13:39 UTC 2007

On 18.05.07 13:32:33, Kris Wong wrote:
> > The symtom: the program runs successfully but it doesn't stop
> > in the breakpoints. Yes I use Debug -> Start or just F9.
>
> This usually caused by your application not having debugging symbols.
> Depending on the type of build system you are using, you may be able to
> enable this in the build manager in KDevelop.

Either add --enable-debug=full in Project Options->Configure Options if
you use autotools, Open the subproject configuration via right-clicking
the subdir name in the QMake Manager (right side of KDevelop) and select
Debug on the Configuration Tab or run cmake with
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull in your builddirectory inside a shell (this
last one cannot be done in KDevelop).

For any other buildsystem you'd have to make sure that it generates
something like -g3 -O0 for the compiler commands. If it adds just -g the
compiler will default to -O2 and thus breakpoints and debugging in
general won't work properly.

You have Egyptian flu: you're going to be a mummy.