Debug application

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Fri May 18 17:30:04 UTC 2007

> On 5/18/07, dukju ahn <dukjuahn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2007/5/18, Paul Vicenti <pvicenti at gmail.com>:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm new with KDevelop. I'm used to develop in Windows environment and
> > > now I have to do some Linux projects.
> > > I'm trying to debug a program and I don't understand how this should be done.
> > > I looking for the target and I don't see this option. The GUI let me
> > > insert breakpoints but they don't break execution at all.
> >
> > Did you setup Project->Project Options-> Run Options / Debugger tab?
> > Especially main program group in Run Options tab and
> > Debugger excutable input in Debugger tab should be set mandatorily.
> >
> > And when starting program inside kdevelop, use Debug->start.
> >
> > Also please see message tab at program bottomside and see whether
> > there are any error messages or not.
> >
> > Can you please describe your symtom more specifically?
> >
> The symtom: the program runs successfully but it doesn't stop in the
> breakpoints. Yes I use Debug -> Start or just F9.

Oh.. That may be KDevelop's debugger bug. There were some other
people (including me) that breakpoint sometimes doesn't work
although the GUI displays breakpoint.
In case of me, _before_ I start debugging, I remove every breakpoints
previously used and add a new fresh breakpoint.

Or you can start your target program in normal console and attach
that process to KDevelop via Debug->Attach to process. Once attached,
the program pauses excution, and you can set breakpoint after
the program is attached.