Debug application

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:51:02 UTC 2007

2007/5/18, Paul Vicenti <pvicenti at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new with KDevelop. I'm used to develop in Windows environment and
> now I have to do some Linux projects.
> I'm trying to debug a program and I don't understand how this should be done.
> I looking for the target and I don't see this option. The GUI let me
> insert breakpoints but they don't break execution at all.

Did you setup Project->Project Options-> Run Options / Debugger tab?
Especially main program group in Run Options tab and
Debugger excutable input in Debugger tab should be set mandatorily.

And when starting program inside kdevelop, use Debug->start.

Also please see message tab at program bottomside and see whether
there are any error messages or not.

Can you please describe your symtom more specifically?