Basic questions ...

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Tue May 15 20:29:01 UTC 2007

 Hi Andreas,

On 5/14/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 14.05.07 10:43:36, Sandro Andrade wrote:
>
> > 3) I suppose the code in /lib directory constitutes a kdevelop
> foundation
> > library (named kdevelop plataform), as something additional
> > to simply a graphical IDE application, am I right ?
>
> what is currently in /lib will be a separate module called kdevplatform.
> Its meant to work similar to the Eclipse SDK, it can be used to build
> your own IDE-like application on top of it. For this it provides various
> things that you can just use instead of implementing yourself, like a
> project class and a way to load projects, code that handles multiple
> toolviews and mainwindows and so on...

Hmm, that sounds great !

> 6) My kdevelop4 snapshot does not allow the creation of new projects. No
> > project template is exhibited in the new project dialog.
> > I noticed the following lines commented in main.cpp:
>
> Thats correct. What snapshot? Do you have a tar.bz2 under
> <kdevelop-install-dir>/share/apps/kdevappwizard/app_templates? If not,
> do you have a subdir in
> <kdevelop-source-dir>/languages/cpp/app_templates? Were there any errors
> during building KDevelop4?

In <kdevelop-source-dir>/languages/cpp/app_templates I have
qmake_qt4guiapp.tar.bz2, but I realized that this file is in gzip format
instead of bzip2 format. KDevelop compiles fine, but an error occurs when
KDevelop tries to uncompress this file. I'll try to reconstruct it using
bzip.

Another question: Why kdevelop relies in classes such as KApplication and
KParts::MainWindow, instead of QApplication and QMainWindow ?

Thanks,
Sandro