[VCS] Merging IAtomic* into IBasic*

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 12 15:46:12 UTC 2007

On 11.05.07 12:54:14, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >> Right now change() only takes a VcsRevision. That might be the only one,
> >> I haven't done an audit yet.
> >
> > Ok, yeah. I think the revision should take the repo-information
> > (internally like the repo path for filenumbers)
>
> Hmm... at first that makes a lot of sense, but the problem is I can't
> think of a way to do change(VcsRevision::Head) this way. Is it better to
> require constructing a VcsRevision to require a repo path, or should we
> just say that change() needs a repo path?

Hmm, I think change() should then also take a repo path. We could attach
the path to the revision itself, but then we'd have duplicate stuff in
all methods that already take a path and you always have to create new
VcsRevision objects when you want to work with the same date on a
different path...

You can rent this space for only $5 a week.