[KDev4] SimpleOutputView Renewal

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Sat May 12 14:02:55 UTC 2007

2007/5/12, Matt Rogers <mattr at kde.org>:
> On Saturday 12 May 2007 08:10, dukju ahn wrote:
> > Now is the time to make SimpleOutputView into "Complex"OutputView.
> >
> > What I want to implement first is some kind of integration with
> > MakeBuilder. In KDev3.4, when compile error occurs we could go to the error
> > spot just by clicking the gcc error string in Message tab.
> > I plan to port it or rewrite it to KDev4.
> >
> > Now questions are
> >
> > 2.
> > Do we have any special reason why the current output widget
> > uses QStdModelItem instead of KTextEdit?
> > If we use QStdModelItem, the user can't copy the
> > outputs of commands. Also, the appearence of output is ugly IMHO.
> > More severe problem is that listview gets slower when there are huge
> > numbers of output lines. Think about building entire KDE project or
> > entire firefox.
> >

> Yes, we want a model. Write a custom delegate or custom view if you don't like
> the appearance of it. I don't think KTextEdit will serve our needs here,
> since I'd like to share this particular model/view approach with the new
> equivalent of the problems tab in kdev3.

But then how can we cope with the slowing-down situation when  the
outputs become very very long??
I've seen in kdelibs.com that Qt4's QListView in its installer becomes
slow when he displays very long file list. Apart from this, It is easily
anticipated that QListView becomes slower with long list.