[RFC] Context-Menu Handling in KDevelop4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 9 14:39:54 UTC 2007

On 09.05.07 15:35:26, David Nolden wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 May 2007 14:51:09 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 09.05.07 13:05:11, David Nolden wrote:
> > All in separate submenus.
>
> But how will we decide which ones go into a submenu and which ones stay at top
> level? Sounds like a static version of the algorithm I was talking about ;)

Easy: Any plugin that provides only 1 action will get that action at top
level (possibly with the extra string in braces so there are no
conflicting actions). Any plugin that provides > 1 action will be in a
submenu.

> There's one other thing we might do to improve usability of a big menu:

We need to make sure that there won't be a big menu.

> For example we'd need a document-independent identifaction-string for
> each menu-entry.

For what?

> It would be easy to pass such a
> thing using QAction's data() member.

Well, QAction's data() will already hold the context I think (or part of
the context), because else the plugins don't know what to do once the
slot is called.

Don't you wish you had more energy... or less ambition?