[VCSIface] Difference between VcsEvent and VcsItemEvent

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 8 00:17:20 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.05.07 18:35:51, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> [anip] Although I'd like to have another look at
>>> the 3 helper classes to make it easier to recognize what each does by
>>> looking at them. (without having to read the full dox).
>>
>> Ok. As mentioned, simplest would be to drop VcsEvent and have log()
>> return VcsChange with only one file. Otherwise, the overview is:
>> "VcsItemEvent is the info about one item in a change and the only
>> effective difference between VcsEvent and VcsChange is that VcsChange
>> might know about more than one item."
>
> Ok, then I think this is easier to handle from a user pov.

Ok, as long as you don't mind it being a little "funky", especially for
VCS's that don't implement change() (i.e. IBrowsableAtomicVC); having a
list is kind of strange in that case... Oh, well. :-)

Here's the new doc for VcsEvent (old VcsEvent goes away, VcsChange is
new VcsEvent):

  /**
   * Small container class that contains information about a single
   * revision.
   *
   * @note log() only returns information about the specific item that
   * was asked about. When working with a VCS that supports atomic
   * commits (i.e. where a revision might affect more than one item), use
   * change() to retrieve information about all items affected by a
   * particular revision.
   */

--
Matthew
child: Do not try to read the .sig. That is impossible. Instead you must