duchain seems to be broken

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 5 17:12:23 UTC 2007

On 05.05.07 17:07:24, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Saturday, 5. May 2007, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > On Saturday, 5. May 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > somehow the duchain seems to be broken, opening a .cpp file in KDevelop
> > > asserts in kateviewinternal:3180. According to Christoph Cullman its
> > > probably wrong locking and indeed the assert checks that isSmartLocked()
> > > is set.
> >
> > Ah right. This was the crash I asked you about (which did not happen on
> > your system at that time), approximately two weeks ago.
> >
> > It's caused by a QMutexLocker which does not lock even if it really should,
> > in lib/editor/editorintegrator.cpp:190 and the following lines:
>
> Note that it isn't the QMutexLocker which does wrong here, it neither works
> when locking the QMutex directly.

Hmm, one thing that is weird is that the QMutexLocker's internal mutex
is not the same as the one it was given in the constructor..

I wanted to look into QMutexLocker but somehow I can't find the class
implementation in corelib/ :(

A small test app which locks a QMutex and then executes the check
suceeds. This is really weird, the lock() doesn't block and changing the
QMutexLocker name to lock2 (because in the function is already one
called lock) doesn't help either.

You'll be sorry...