Subversion's Diff to Head broken

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 2 17:30:33 UTC 2007

On 03.05.07 02:11:56, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/5/3, Matt Rogers <mattr at kde.org>:

> > > svn diff WORKING:HEAD was not implemented. What you did was
> > > "svn diff BASE:HEAD". So if your base copy is up-to-date, no
> > > difference
> > > is natual.
> > >
> > > Anyway I implemented svn diff WORKING:HEAD. Now the problem is fixed.
> > > I changed menu text more explicitly.
> >
> > You will need to revert your last two commits as you changed
> > translatable strings and those changes are not allowed this late in
> > the 3.5.7 release cycle.
>
> I know, but techbase says that in case of errors in string, change can be made.
> The current menu text is error.
> After all, what is diff to HEAD? Is it BASE or WORKING

IMHO its always working. Seriously who wants to diff BASE:HEAD in an
IDE? I never did that, neither in kdevelop or some other gui. Just
revert your two changes and make diff to Head == svn diff -r WORKING:HEAD.

> that is to be compared with HEAD? User can't know the correct meaning, and
> even I am confused somtimes.

IMHO the average user will expect to diff the content of the file to
head if he executes "diff to head" on a file.

You have Egyptian flu: you're going to be a mummy.