[KDev4] vcs integration

Robert Gruber rgruber at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 26 14:34:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

while having a look at the vcs exension interface the following questions came
to my mind.

As we can have multiple projects opened at a time, it may happen that files
from different projects will be passed to a VCS-plugin.
*) How can I find out which file belongs to which project?
*) And what if the project use different VCS plugins?

I'll have to call the cvs client from a location inside of the local working
copy and pass all files relative to that directory. I though the best thing
would be to use the project directory as working directory and transform all
given URLs to a path relative to that location. So at least for cvs, I need
to have some sort of access to the projects the files belongs to.

Maybe we shouldn't pass a list of KUrls but rather a list of objects from the
ProjectFileItem class to the vcs plugins?!?!

Robert