[OT] plugins and QDockWidget

Sun Mar 25 13:54:22 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 Mar 2007 at 5:02:15 pm, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Unlike the way kdev3 handles toolviews, i like the way qt handles
> > dockviews where more than one toolview can be seen simultaneously.
>
> I guess you mean that multiple dockwidgets are allowed in the same
> docking area.

Sort of. More like how dockwidgets appear in designer. In kdevelop, both
file groups and the file tree are on the left dock area. but at any given
time only one of them can be open. Kate has a way of showing both with
the 'make persistant' option. Qt4 by itself seems to handle dock widgets
pretty well by introducing tabs when docks overlap for better use of screen
real estate with less often used views.
--
Cheers!
kitts