3.4 patches and problems

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Sat Mar 24 22:59:47 UTC 2007

Hi!
Given that 3.4 is in mini-freeze, I'm posting my 3.4 patches here
so that we won't forget about them.

Problems solved:
1) app templates were using the wrong name for designer configuration
causing KDevelop to prefer QtDesigner for new projects instead of using
integrated one

2) cpp support did not like when files were added using absolute paths
causing files not to be parsed on adding

Problems NOT solved:
Basically the whole GUI RAD workflow (the one described in
http://www.kdevelop.org/doc/technotes/cpprad.html )
is broken. The problem is that when files are added by a project,
manager, cpp support parses them with a delay.
But in order to work, the QtDesignerIntegration needs to get a
ClassDom for newly created file.
This somehow worked before (in 3.3 and early 3.4) but this doesn't work in
3.4 from svn.

Could anyone with enough knowledge of KDev3 cpp support/bgparser
take a look what can be done?