[patch] KDevelop Subversion-part improvement

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Mar 24 17:59:05 UTC 2007

On 24.03.07 10:47:06, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/3/24, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > > Ok, but did you try your patch? I can't see how it can work, because
> > > you're using the svn+kdev protocol, but the ioslave you copied doesn't
> > > recognize that protocol. Also I don't see any place where you strip the
> > > +kdev again from the url you're handing to the ioslave and thus I really
> > > don' get how this would work.
> > >
> > > I discovered this while trying to port the integrator dialog you forgot
> > > to port. I'll see if I can make this work but its quite some work. Also
> > > note: You shouldn't use the same debug area as the kio slave from kdesdk
> > > (7128), rather use the kdevelop-subversion area.
> >
> > I fixed these things, patch looks good so far. I'll commit as soon as
> > the freeze is lifted.
> >
> > Andreas
> >

> Sorry for inconvenience. I just spotted the error.
>
> servicedir = $(kde_servicesdir)
> service_DATA = kdevsubversion.desktop
>
> were mistakenly commented out in Makefile.am
> I guess what you corrected were those two lines.

No, I was referring to the protocol stuff, you added a new protocol, but
you didn't change the ioslave accordingly. Also your change created
something like svn+kdev<original protocol> which is rather hard to
extract the original protocol of the repository again. So I created new
.protocol files for kdevsvn+(file|http|https|svn|ssh) and accordingly
modified the protocol handling in subversion* and the ioslave.

> I am doing fresh-compling now. After that and applying your comments,
> I will commit the final patch. I have SVN account now.

Pleae don't. I have a proper patch lying here which works as expected.
No need to duplicate the work when its all working now here.

You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.  Especially
if they are dead.