[KDev4] VCS Integration

Robert Gruber R.Gruber at gmx.net
Fri Mar 16 07:25:23 UTC 2007

Hello!

> PS: as far as CVS is concerned, I think we should try to use the cmdline
> client, so we won't depend on kdesdk and can have the cvs plugin in the
> platform.

To be honest, first I was really against reimplementing cervisia's cvsservice in KDevelop. But after having a deeper look into cvsservice I think running the cvs client by ourself isn't that much work at all.

I've already written a small demo app to test how this could be done.
I copied the CvsJob class from cvsservice,
cleaned it up (removed dbus and qt3 things)
and adapted it to my needs.
Next I've written a small wrapper class that assembles the commandline
and then uses CvsJob to run the cvs client.
If interested you can download the demo from http://kmp3indexer.sourceforge.net/misc/

So if we agree on using the cvs client directly, I will continue to work on this task.

Robert