[KDev4] VCS Integration

Robert Gruber rgruber at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 13 07:52:15 UTC 2007

Hello!

As I've seen from the recent posts to the mailinglist, dukju ahn is already
working on bringing SVN support to KDevelop4, aren't you?

Is anybody working on the CVS integration? If not, I could take that task.

However, to me, there are still some important questions to solve?
Has there been any decicion on how to integrate version controll systems?

Maybe like in KDevelop3 where each plugin has been able to add items to a
context menu? This method was very easy to use for the VCS plugin, as it
alredy got a list of files to work on from the Context object.

I've also heard the idea of using an action-collection (or so) where VCS
plugins could register their actions? How could the transfer of the needed
filelist work here?

On the WIKI I've found the idea of using an extension interface?
This sounds very interesting to me, as far as almoust all version controll
systems offer more or less the same functions. But still the question of how
to build the context menu and connect the actions to the extension interface
slots remains.

Greetings, Robert