Accessing View from Plugin Part

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 12 09:07:16 UTC 2007

On 12.03.07 01:15:03, dukju ahn wrote:
> Hi, again.
>
> I also don't know how to access view pointer from plugin part.
>
> At the part constructor, we initialize view factory, addToolView(factory)
> And, upon the user's request, views are created and
> embedded. Am I right so far?
>
> However, I cannot find any interfaces to access already created views.
> It is the plugin part that starts any action. And we will have
> to know the pointer of view associated with that part.
>
> The problem is more complicated because one part can have
> more than two views.
>
> Is it not yet implemented? or is there any way to access views
> >from plugin part?

Views are not yet implemented in KDevelop4, ToolViews are and should be
fully functional.

I'm not sure why you think you need to access a view/toolview of one
plugin from another. The way to access another plugin is to use the
extension interface of that plugin. See buildtools/builder/qmakebuilder,
buildtools/builder/makebuilder.

You need more time; and you probably always will.