Breakpoints stealing focus when new line added

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 1 23:53:47 UTC 2007

On 01.03.07 15:35:18, Nick Savoiu wrote:
> Sometimes when breakpoints are set and one presses ENTER in the editor window (especially while debugging) the editor window loses focus. My hunch was that breakpoints steal the focus as they get updated (to account for line number changes).
>
> I think there was an attempt to fix this right before 3.4 but there were some issues. I don't recall if they were solved.

Well, I'm not sure wether the last changes made it into 3.4.0 but I
think they did. Unfortunately there's not much we can do to solve this
except completely replacing the implementation of the breakpoint widget.
Which of course is not something we'd like to do for a .x release. Also
I didn't hit any issues since the last changes to the respective code,
so its

a) corner cases
b) absolutely not safely reproducable

which makes debugging next to impossible. The problematic underlying
widget is QTable, just in case you wonder...

Your true value depends entirely on what you are compared with.