[RFC] Rename Custom Makefile project type

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 1 12:58:44 UTC 2007

On 01.03.07 13:14:06, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> On 3/1/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > now that custom support make, ant and "other" buildtools I'm thinking
> > about a slight renaming from custom makefile to custom buildsystem. That
> > way it would be a bit less confusing for newbies that want to use scons
> > or other buildtools, because those don't have Makefile's.
>
> Where is this visible in the IDE? Only place I can imagine is the
> project importer and maybe somewhere in project settings.

Well, thats right, I was thinking about renaming the lib and dir in the
source too. But I'm not sure what happens if people have
libkdevcustommakefile.so and libkdevcustomproject.so installed for 3.4
and I don't want to increase the plugin version (again)... So I guess
user-visible strings is all that should be changed...

> Since there are no 3.4 translations and reasonably very little related
> (and easily changed) documentation, it doesn't strike me as that large
> a change to make.
>
> Btw.. speaking of documentation.. some of that would be nice. :)

You mean for custom? Its self-documenting ;) I have next to no idea how
docbook is written, so unless we have our own documentation team that I
can send some plain text its a bit problematic (apart from the fact that
I don't like writing docs ;)

Stay the curse.