KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 28 14:37:59 UTC 2007

On 28.06.07 14:49:03, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Von: Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>
> > On 28.06.07 00:47:10, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Apart from that I'm with Matt here, unless cmake provides a library and
> > API to query it about the information its unavoidable to reimplement
> > cmake's logic in the KDevelop CMake support. Matt already tried to use
>
> I don't know what you want to achieve. All the commercial IDEs (MSVC, XCode, Keil, ...) where you can setup the build with a GUI are *by far* not as powerful as what you can do with autotools/cmake/scons. I don't see the point in trying to put all this power into a GUI.
> If you get this working, this would be great, but I just can't image how this should work.

I don't see where either of use two said we will provide a GUI for
everything that CMake can do. I do think Matt will provide a GUI for
some simple setups (a small project that just adds its sources to a
executable target) and some convenience things for KDE4 apps (maybe a
way to add plugins, libraries, desktop files, find kde4, ....).

Everything else will not be in a button-box-editfield-like GUI, but
instead be done inside and Editor.

Anyway, I'm off now too. Apparently there's just disagreement here and
as you're not doing the CMake support in Kdevelop we're fine ;P

Break into jail and claim police brutality.