IProjectFileManager::import and parse

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 14:31:51 UTC 2007

On 25.06.07 16:53:12, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Sunday 24 June 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > I moved the code that creates the items (for all project files)
> > > into the import, but unfortunately this crashes the platform.
> > > The code is the same as it was with import + parse, just combined
> > > into one method (the import one).
> >
> > Without some code its hard to guess whats going wrong here.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> I don't want to commit the none-working code, but I attach the file
> here.
>
> The working version with import + parse is at
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdewebdev/quanta/plugins/project/projectfilemanager/quantaprojectfilemanager.cpp?view=markup
>
> KDevelop::ProjectItem* QuantaProjectFileManager::import(KDevelop::IProject *project)
> {
>   m_project = project;
>   m_baseItem = new KDevelop::ProjectItem(project, project->folder().pathOrUrl(), 0L);

These two are already problematic. The plugin cannot store which project
it is working on, because it will be used for all projects of that type.

I don't see anything obvious why the insertion of that item would cause
a crash. I wanted to try that out as well in the qmake manager this
week, I'll let you know wether I hit the same problem there.

Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.