IProjectFileManager::import and parse

Andras Mantia amantia at kdewebdev.org
Sat Jun 23 14:09:09 UTC 2007

> On Jun 23, 2007, at 2:20 AM, Roberto Raggi wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Il giorno 23/giu/07, alle ore 03:07, Matt Rogers ha scritto:
>>

>>> On Jun 21, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Andras Mantia wrote:
>>>
>>> Get Roberto Raggi's input on this (and in addition your second
>>> question), since he wrote the original code, so he's the only one
>>> that will really know.
>>
>> I think `import(model, filename)' was used by the engine to import
>> and create the project structure in the existing model.. `parse
>> (item)' was used to update/refresh the contents of an item. Maybe
>> `parse' is not good name, we should have called it update, refresh,
>> or something else.
>>
>> ciao robe
>
> We can always change the name. :) Thanks for explaining. :)

Still, I don't understand then how IProjectFileManager works. ;) Now it is
certainly calls "parse" after opening a project. If parse is used to
update, then it shouldn't be called on open, as when opening we know for
sure that import already loaded and created an up to date version.

Right now the behavior looks like how Matt described: import creates (and
parses) the top level directory, "parse" is used to parse the rest of the
project and create the Project*Item object.

Andras