IProjectFileManager::import and parse

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Jun 22 06:08:43 UTC 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007, Matt Rogers wrote:
> The additional calling of parse for additional folder items is
> handled by the ImportProjectJob. It's done this way to avoid the
> recursion problem. parse() only needs to return a list of project
> folder items. the folders represented by those items can be random
> and spread throughout the filesystem.

Recursive in a sense, that it goes down through the directory structure.

> Could you please define "project file" more clearly. When you say
> "project file", I think of the .kdev4 project files. I don't know
> what you mean by project file. Knowing this will allow me to better
> answer your question, since I don't think I've really answered it.

With project file I mean the file that contains a list of files
belonging to a project. This can be the .kdev4 file, can be a separate
file (in my case), can be the CMakeList.txt files or Makefile.am files.
In case where you have one such file in every directory, the current
solution seems to be fine, but it doesn't fit too well where you have
one file having a list with all files belonging to the project.

Andras