A simple kdevplatform design question ...

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 20:59:46 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm figuring out the kdevplatform architecture design and I'm facing a very
silly question. I hope not to be bothering !

Why there is a need for separating ICore from Core ?

We all know the benefits of designing using interfaces in order to commit to
an interface, instead of an implementation.
But I think that, in kdevplatform, it's not supposed to exist different
implementations of ICore and I see no flexible factory code for
ICore-inherited classes.

Defining a IPlugin class is perfectly comprehensible because there will be a
sort of plugins that need to be handled uniformly.

What is the design rationale behind the ICore and Core classes ?

Thanks in advance,
Sandro