using of namespace in KDevPlatform?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 20:30:42 UTC 2007

Sorry for hijacking this mail, but I also have a question regarding the
namespace usage. project/interfaces/iprojectfilemanager.h as the
following code:

namespace KDevelop
{
class KDEVPLATFORMPROJECT_EXPORT IProjectFileManager
{
public:

Q_SIGNALS:
    void folderAdded( ProjectFolderItem* folder );
    void folderRemoved( ProjectFolderItem* folder );
}
}

If I subclass this, I have to declare again the signals, but as my class
is not in KDevelop namespace, I do like this:

Q_SIGNALS:
  void folderAdded( KDevelop::ProjectFolderItem* folder );
  void folderRemoved( KDevelop::ProjectFolderItem* folder );

I'm wondering if this will work or not, as the interface for
IProjectFileManager doesn't have "KDevelop::" for the argument type and
AFAIK moc is taking the argument type in a string form as it is.

I know, I should test it, but I did not code completely my project file
manager plugin, so I cannot do it now. :)

Andras