KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp/expressionparser

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 20 12:38:11 UTC 2007

On 20.06.07 14:18:56, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 20.06.07 13:50:36, David Nolden wrote:
> > On Wednesday 20 June 2007 02:56:33 Matt Rogers wrote:
> > > I think we should better learn C++ as that will tell us where we can
> > > use semicolons and where we should avoid them. ;) But using -pedantic
> > > doesn't hurt either. ;)
> > > --
> > > Matt
> > >

> > Where does c++ tell me to avoid semicolons after namespaces?
>
> I don't know the c++ standard, but according to gcc's manpage thats what
> -pedantic activates. Strict checking according to the standard. Where
> c++ standard == c++98

Well, I did check the standard quickly and in fact nowhere does it have
an "empty statemtent", so I suspect ";" is not allowed according to the
C++ standard. And of course the grammar for namespace doesn't include a
; at the end ;)

You will reach the highest possible point in your business or profession.